Brain injuries can occur in a variety of accidents. On this site, brain injuries have often been discussed due to their impact on one’s health. While some head injuries – like mild concussions – can have short-term symptoms that subside with time – there are many other types of traumatic brain injuries (TBI) that vary in their severity and can have severe and lasting impacts on short- and long-term health. For those severe brain injuries that aren’t fatal, some injuries cause permanent impairments, and may require significant amounts of medical treatment, including various types of rehabilitation. Since medical treatment for traumatic brain injuries is often costly and can have other adverse financial impacts (such as lost wages due to inability to work) personal injury lawsuits are often filed if the accident was caused by the negligence of another party.
Among accidents that often result in head injuries is motorcycle accidents.
Recently, there have been a number of Illinois motorcycle accidents that have involved various types of head injuries.
Among these motorcycle accidents include:
- A fatal August 11, 2017 car-motorcycle collision in Bridgeview in which the motorcyclist suffered severe head trauma, as seen in the August 12, 2017 post titled “Fatal Bridgeview Motorcycle Accident.”
- An August 11, 2017 fatal bike crash in Des Plaines in which the motorcyclist had various injuries including those to the head, neck and chest. The accident is summarized in the August 12, 2017 post titled “Fatal Motorcycle Crash In Des Plaines.”
- There was a fatal motorcycle accident in Decatur on Tuesday afternoon (August 8, 2017.) The accident is summarized in the post of August 9, 2017 titled “Fatal SUV-Motorcycle Collision In Decatur.” The motorcyclist suffered severe head and neck trauma.
- A July 30, 2017 crash on Illinois 4 which caused severe head injuries, summarized in the July 31, 2017 post titled “Motorcycle Crash On Illinois 4 Critically Injures Motorcyclist.”
- A July 19, 2017 motorcycle accident in Frankfort that included head injuries. The collision is summarized in the post of July 19, 2017 titled “Serious Motorcycle Accident In Frankfort, Illinois.”
For those that have been in an accident involving a head impact, there are many steps one should take, including both those from a legal and medical standpoint. For many reasons, it is highly recommended that any significant head impact be assessed by qualified medical personnel as soon as possible.
Should you or someone you care for experience injury or other harm in Illinois, please contact the Elman Law Group for a free consultation to discuss the situation and to see if filing of a personal injury lawsuit is warranted.
Elman Law Group’s Lead Attorney, Tony Elman, is a personal injury trial lawyer. Over the last 25+ years Elman Law Group has handled over 10,000 Illinois personal injury lawsuits.
During this 25+ year period, Elman Law Group has built a reputation for its courtroom trial performance, including getting large verdicts for smaller cases. In fact, because of these court trial accomplishments, many well-known law firms choose to have Elman Law Group take cases to court.
To speak directly to Tony Elman, Lead Attorney of the Elman Law Group, call (773) 392-8182 at any time. This legal consultation is free.