Illinois Nursing Home Neglect
Nursing home neglect can take many different forms. As seen in Illinois nursing home abuse lawsuits, studies, and media accounts, there are different types of such nursing home neglect in the Chicago area as well as throughout Illinois.
This type of neglect can also occur at other health care facilities such as assisted living facilities, retirement homes, skilled nursing facilities, and hospices.
If you suspect someone you care for has suffered nursing home neglect, please contact the Elman Joseph Law Group to discuss the situation.
Elman Joseph Law Group has been handling personal injury cases for over 20 years, and over this time period has established a reputation for court trial performance. This is important for a personal injury lawsuit because if an attractive settlement is not offered, we have a proven track record of achieving highly attractive court verdicts.
Many well-known law firms choose to have Elman Joseph Law Group take cases to court.
To immediately speak directly with Tony Elman, Lead Attorney of the Elman Joseph Law Group, call (773) 392-8182 at any time. There is no fee for this legal consultation.
Signs Of Possible Illinois Nursing Home Neglect
There are many signs that can serve to indicate that nursing home neglect may be happening. Listed below are some of these signs:
- unsanitary conditions in the nursing home, particularly in the living areas
- poor hygiene seen in one or more nursing home residents
- nursing home residents wearing dirty/soiled clothing
- apparent malnutrition and/or dehydration seen in nursing home residents
- infections, especially those that are recurring
- bedsores (please see Elman Joseph Law Group’s ChicagoBedSoresLaw.com site) Bedsores are also called pressure sores, pressure ulcers, decubitus ulcers and alternatively spelled bed sores)
- wounds and/or infections that appear to be healing very slowly
- untreated injuries and/or neglected injuries
- medication errors or other medication problems